Tuesday, April 10, 2007

We Have A Winner...!

Well before I reveal who has won the blog candy, I made a few cards this weekend that I am going to share with you. Also, I just received my watermark from Beth Silaika! They are wonderful! Anyhow on to the cards... I just love the color scheme on this card. It just POPS! I watercolored the flowers and added some dimensionals to the larger ones. I also used the paisley background stamp (I don't know if you can tell or not).

I used the butterfly of happiness stamp set for this next card. I know it isn't available, but I love this stamp set. I also sponged on the speckled background. I like how it turned out with the colors that blended when I sponged the pretty in pink and the barely banana. I used the rock-and-roll technique for the edges of the butterflies. For the words at the bottom, I used my Stampin' Up! markers to color them in. I love those things. I decided to use a longer card for this one. I found it on somebody elses blog and thought it was a cute idea to make it very tall.


Anyhow I am trying to find a better digital camera so that when I take pictures, you can see the details. This camera doesn't do too much justice to any of my cards, which is kinda disappointing if you know what I mean.
I love the roses in winter stamp set. It is absolutely beautiful! I also love using the pretty in pink and bravo burgundy inks and paper together. I sponged the words with pretty in pink, which adds a very beautiful touch to the card. I tried to put some white craft ink on the first black layer of card stock. It didn't turn out as I had planned, but I am going to re-make the card and just make it a regular black with no sponging.


I promise this is the last card that I have for today. I got so much accomplished this weekend. I am very proud of myself for doing so much. It is very hard to ignore your kids when my darling husband can't control them all the time. But he did a wonderful job for the most part.

Anyhow I used my canvas background stamp on the turquoise card stock along with the birds that go with the wild about you stamp set. For the alligator and lion I colored on them in different spots and then spritzed them with a bit of water. I think they are very cute! I sponged tempting turquoise and green galore on the stamped word. I also used some tempting turquoise ribbon to complete the whole card.

Anyhow now that I have babbled on about all my cards and what not, on to the winner.

I just wrote all the numbers of the people that entered on a piece of paper and then cut them up and put them in a bowl, mixed them up and drew a number without looking and found my winner. The winner is #16 which is Jodene. She said...

Just found your blog from Allison's. You have a wonderful blog. I just love your card tins. Great job!

Jodene would you please e-mail me your address and I will get that in the mail to you as soon as possible! I would like to thank all of you for your support and comments (good or bad) and also wish all of you a happy week/weekend. If you would like to give me links to your blogs so that I may visit them, please leave me a comment with the address. I am one of those women that read blogs while my children are asleep and before I go to be. I am a blog-a-holic! Well hope to post more you later and happy stamping!

No comments: