Monday, April 30, 2007
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
1. I have two wonderful children, Molly(11 months) and Caleb(almost 3). I also have a wonderful husband who is in the USAF serving as a dental technician.
2. I am a stay at home mom who can never seem to keep her house clean even if her life depended on it. My babies like to scatter all their toys all around my house. I also have a never ending pile of laundry that keeps getting bigger and bigger.
3. My nickname is Gumby. My dad gave me the name when I was about 5. I am double jointed just about everywhere and he found me in my bed one morning sleeping with my head on the same side of the bed as my feet.
4. I only buy stamps from Stampin' Up!. I tell myself that if they stop making wood stamps and start making acrylic stamps, I will quit buying and demonstrating. I really dislike acrylic stamps. I have used them and they just don't look as good as rubber stamps. The images just aren't as clear.
5. I have been married twice. I have Caleb with my first husband and Molly with my current husband. I do not plan to get divorced ever again and if for some reason I do, I will never marry again (not trying to jinx myself because I love my husband).
6. Mike, my darling husband, is the greatest person in the world and I love him so much. He is a wonderful father and he is the best dish washer that I have ever had! He helps me out so much with everything and I don't think I would get any stamping done without his help.
7. Finally, I am the "bad guy" when it comes to disciplining my children. My husband is the "good guy" and plays with them. I'm not really "bad", I just make them go to their rooms when they aren't being very nice or not listening.
I tried to pick people that haven't already been tagged. These are the 7 blogs that I read on a daily basis (if I don't pick you, don't think that I don't read your blog or think that I don't like it):
1. Kimberly - Crafty Me
2. Sharon - Paper Fections
3. Kim - Kim's Creations
4. Natasha - Palmtrees and Pogosticks
5. Jen - Stamp With Me
6. Susan - Susie Stamp Alot
7. Angie - Quacking Creations
I read more then 7 blogs everyday, but I could only pick 7 people. Well I am hoping to stamp today (we will see how far that goes) and if I get a chance, I will post what I have done. Have a great week and happy stamping!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Something simple and not to complicated. I used some stickles on the flower and put an old olive brad in the center of the flower. Anyhow I will try to post something else later. I have to go to the post office (which by the way, my husband was supposed to do four days ago, but didn't).
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
I went to a crop at my friends house to scrapbook Friday and Saturday night. It was wonderful...peace and quiet, no kids, no dirty house to worry about and so on and so forth...you get the picture. I was supposed to be working on my scrapbook pages of Molly and Caleb, but I really really wanted to make cards. I made the ones in the previous post for somebody else and decided that I needed some new ones for myself. How greedy is that? I know, I am shameful *sighs*. It is an addiction and I just can't help myself.
My husband said to me the other day, "why can't you be like other women and want clothes or purses?" I replied to him, "why do I need clothes when I have stamps? If I could, I would tape stamps to myself and wear them as clothes!" I am sure you can guess what he said about that..he went on and on about how he didn't want any other men looking at me and well you know the rest. I think I have rambled on just about enough so here is what I made for ME!
I just love the petals and paisley DS paper and of course I have to use every single scrap of it. The green P&P DS paper reminds me of a place where you can find bugs. Don't ask me why, but I guess to me it looks kinda like Stampin' Up!'s version of a fancy jungle.I used Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana card stock for this card. I love the way the white organdy looks with this stamp set. I used the smooshing effect from Emily's blog. I just love looking at new stuff that she does...she is so creative. I love the way the banana looks with the pink cs.
Well It is getting kinda late (and my husband is glaring at me for keeping him up so late..yes he's one of those who won't go to bed without me, but I love him and think he is absolutely wonderful!) and I think you are probably sick of hearing me ramble so I will say, "Goodnight and happy stamping!"
Finally, I made him a masculine Roses in Winter card. I, of course, sponged on this card. I know it looks over done for a masculine card, but I couldn't help myself. I had to add the ribbon. It was the perfect touch to this card. I just love this stamp set. I think it is one of my favorites.
Friday, April 13, 2007
As I stated in the previous post (I think it was that one), I got some prismacolor pencils. The only problem that I had was that I ordered my stumps and gamsol from Inky Antics and apparently they were delayed on shipping for a couple of weeks! I was like, "OMG I can't wait a couple of weeks for that, I need it now!" I already got my pencils in the mail (and I got 6 light fast and 6 neutrals for free!) and I needed those things right then as well. So they have been sitting at my desk tormenting me all week. I haven't even sharpened them. What a bummer because they are kinda useless right now until I get those stumps and gamsol. How disappointing is that? On the brighter side though, I did get a shipment confirmation that they are shipping them today! Here is what I got...I didn't have this picture here before, but thought I would show you what I got.I am going to go to a crop tonight and will post what I made tomorrow or late tonight. Anyhow I just thought I would share my excitement with you all today! Have a great weekend and happy stamping!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
I promise this is the last card that I have for today. I got so much accomplished this weekend. I am very proud of myself for doing so much. It is very hard to ignore your kids when my darling husband can't control them all the time. But he did a wonderful job for the most part.
Anyhow I used my canvas background stamp on the turquoise card stock along with the birds that go with the wild about you stamp set. For the alligator and lion I colored on them in different spots and then spritzed them with a bit of water. I think they are very cute! I sponged tempting turquoise and green galore on the stamped word. I also used some tempting turquoise ribbon to complete the whole card.
Anyhow now that I have babbled on about all my cards and what not, on to the winner.
I just wrote all the numbers of the people that entered on a piece of paper and then cut them up and put them in a bowl, mixed them up and drew a number without looking and found my winner. The winner is #16 which is Jodene. She said...
Just found your blog from Allison's. You have a wonderful blog. I just love your card tins. Great job!
Jodene would you please e-mail me your address and I will get that in the mail to you as soon as possible! I would like to thank all of you for your support and comments (good or bad) and also wish all of you a happy week/weekend. If you would like to give me links to your blogs so that I may visit them, please leave me a comment with the address. I am one of those women that read blogs while my children are asleep and before I go to be. I am a blog-a-holic! Well hope to post more you later and happy stamping!
Friday, April 6, 2007
I will be getting some new prismacolor pencils in the mail sometime next week and will definitely be posting. I found a site that had a set of 48 for $45! So far that is the best deal that I have found. I got them from Art Supplies Online. They have some great deals on lots of different art stuff. Check them out. They are usually 20% cheaper then other stores. Their shipping isn't very much either. Anyhow happy stamping!