Monday, March 5, 2007

Purple Cows!!!

Well as promised, I am posting my purple cows review. I like the purple cows trimmer a lot, but that doesn't mean that I don't have anything bad to say about it. I found that it is bulky and kind of a pain to use when you only have limited scrapbooking space. I do like the fact that it comes apart from the big guillotine cutter. It has a good long measuring surface if they are put together. As for the smaller trimmer it has a swing out arm for a little added extra. The only down fall to the smaller one is that it only measures up to about 8". They are very light weight. More so than I expected them to be. I would recommend it to buy if you have enough space to put it on your work surface. I also own a Creative Memories paper trimmer. I love this one. It is the second one I have owned (of course the first one was a Fiskars) and by far my favorite. It is convenient and takes up a minimal amount of space. It has a 10 1/2" arm for measuring that is retractable. The only down fall to it is that since SU! card stock is so thick, it makes for changing out the blade more frequent than I would like to. It is also half the cost of the purple cows trimmer (that is if the cow is on sale, if it wasn't on sale, I would have paid three times as much for the cow). I think I would recommend the Creative Memories trimmer for people who have very limited space and were on a budget. On the other hand, if you had the extra space and money then why not go ahead and splurge and get the more expensive one. As far as which is better, I think they are both just about equally matched as far as cutting goes. But all in all, I think I will be sticking to the Creative Memories until I find a better one that suites my needs.

No comments: