Friday, January 19, 2007

Boxes, Cards and Milk Cartons!?!

I downloaded the new milk carton pattern from the SU! demo web site today and made it. I used Cool Caribbean card stock along with Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery. I know it sounds like a terrible combination, but I think it turned out really cute. I used the "online color wheel" for the In Color card stock.
I embossed the heart and used going grey to stamp the steam. It was a fairly easy to make. I used some hodgepodge (they look like the hooks on the back of a picture frame) for the top to add the ribbon.
For this card I used the color wheel to pick the colors. I haven't really used my color wheel (ever) and I decided to use it to see how the color schemes looked. They don't give you very many options, but you can make do with the colors they give you. I think this card turned out very good. For the top yellow flower, I used the "spotlight effect". I put a dimensional behind the butterfly circle that way it folds behind to seal the card. I also downloaded this box from the demo site. I embossed the butterfly with silver embossing powder. I used one of the hostess stamp sets to make this box. This pattern was very easy to use. All I had to do was print the pattern, measure the card stock, cut it out and glue the sides together. I didn't use the color wheel for this one, but I think the colors went very well.

No comments: